The Alienware Area 51m Dell’s new powerful upgradable Gaming Laptop
The Alienware Area 51m which Dell says is the world’s most powerful upgradeable gaming laptop.
About a Looks.
The Alienware 51m has a new industrial design language and you can quickly see that it looks very different from previous Alienware laptops.
- It’s built with magnesium alloy which conserves weight while maintaining rigidity.
- The 51m is Alienware’s first laptop to support Intel’s 9th Gen 8 cord desktop processors.
- It is also their first notebook to support 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet up to 64 gigs of memory and three-sided narrow bezel display with 144Hz G-SYNC technology.
- For graphics, you get up to NVIDIA G4’s RTX 2080.
- The major feature here is you can upgrade to GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD and WiFi card.
- For the 17.3 inches anti-glare display you get options for 60Hz or 144Hz.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and 5th gen Tobii I tracking technology are also optional.
About the Ports.
On the right side, there are two USB type B ports.
On the left, there’s a USB-C Thunderbolt 3, another USB type-A port, a headset jack and another audio jack which you could task to a headphone or a microphone.
On the back, there’s HDMI 2.0, menu display 1.4 that supports NVIDIA G-SYNC, Ethernet port, Alienware graphics ampli-fireport, and dual DC power inputs.
When it comes to the keyboard it features 2.2-millimeter key travel, anti-ghosting technology, per key RGB lighting, N-key rollover technology, and steel back plate for rigidity and uniform feedback.
Alienware is calling their new thermal tech Cryotech 2.0.
It’s their most robust notebook culling solution yet.
The Area 51m has a Lithium Ion (90 Wh) Battery which gives up to 3hrs backup but most users will be using this gaming laptop while plugged in.
It comes in two colors, Lunar light, and Darkside of the Moon.
It will be available starting January 29th, 2019 and the price range starts from approx. $2549.
So what do you think of the new Alienware 51m?