Acer India Unveils The Beast Predator Helios 500 With Core I9.
The Acer Predator Helios 500 have 12-thread Intel Core i9+ 8950HK which can clock in from a base value of 2.9GHz to up to 4.8GHz on Turbo Boost. The same model will also equip the latest Nvidia
GTX1070 Graphics with GB of VRAM. The device comes with VR-Ready performance and offers advanced thermal technologies, and fast connectivity. There’s also a Core i7 variant of the Helios 500 with similar specs on the inside.
Feature and Specifications
The Predator Helios 500 is specifically designed for the Gaming masses, Acer is now taking the wrappers of the Predator Helios 500 gaming notebook which not only comes with a solid spec sheet for all-around performance but also handles advanced thermal cooling and VR-compatibility. The Helios 500 comes in two variants: one with Intel & NVIDIA and the other with AMD Ryzen 7 and Vega 56 graphics.
- The AMD-configured Helios 500 notebook will be powered by an octa-core, 16-thread AMD Ryzen 7 CPU which will be able to attain a peak clock speed of 4.1GHz from a base speed of 3.2GHz.
- For graphics, the AMD variant will be supplied an AMD Vega 56 Graphics with Radeon FreeSync display.
- The Acer Predator Helios 500 a 17.3-inch display with a high refresh rate of 144Hz for motion blur and tear-less gameplay, users can choose between a Full HD panel or a 4K screen depending upon how much they want to spend.
- Acer is providing the Helios 500 with Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI 2.0 ports which can connect to up to 3 external displays.
- The Acer Predator Helios 500 offers two Thunderbolt 3 ports, three USB 3.0 Type-A ports, and an HDMI 2.0 port.
- Acer claims that it is able to provide advanced cooling mechanism inside the Helios 500 with the help of AeroBlade 3D metal fans and five heat pipes.
- There are two speakers, a subwoofer, along with Acer True Harmony and Waves MAXXAudio technology that delivers incredible sound and hyper-realistic 3D audio using Waves Nx.
- Acer Predator 17 Gaming laptop for Acer Lover.
To keep the device stay cool Acer has used AeroBlade 3D metal fans, and five heat pipes to circulate cool air to the machine. The Fan speed can also be controlled in the notebook by using the PredatorSense app.
It also has a backlit RGB keyboard that offers four lighting zones with support for up to 16.8 million colors. Acer’s PredatorSense app can be used to control and monitor the notebook’s vitals from one central interface, including overclocking, lighting, hotkeys, temperature, and fan control.
The Core I9 Helios 500 laptop is equipped with Optane memory to increase responsiveness and for cooling, it is equipped with Acer’s Dual AeroBlade 3D cooling system that uses metal blades to improve cooling and five heat pipes.
The Predator Helios 500 is available in India for a starting price of Rs 1,99,999 which is for the Core i7 model. The one with Core i9 processor will start for Rs 2,49,999 while Acer is yet to announce the prices of the AMD-powered models.